Physicians Encouraged to Participate in Humana Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes
Each week from Nov. 23, 2015, through March 7, 2016, 35 individual physicians will win $1,000 prepaid cards as part of the Humana Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes. Winning physician names are drawn weekly from a sweepstakes pool, with a total of $560,000 in gift cards awarded to physicians by the end of the sweepstakes. To be included in the pool, physicians only need to complete the necessary eligibility requirements.
- Individual physicians will receive one entry for each open Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) Stars measure gap in care closed per individual Humana-covered patient.
- Entries do not carry over from week to week. Physicians begin accumulating entries again in the week following the winning week.
- An eligible physician also may enter simply by sending an email during the entry period asking to register for the sweepstakes and providing his/her name, tax identification number (TIN), national provider identifier (NPI), practice mailing address and phone number. Send the request to TheHumanaClosetheGapSweepstakes@Humana.com.
- The Humana Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes is in addition to any Humana reward program in which a physician or physician’s practice may be participating.
For details about Humana-covered patients with open gaps in care, physicians can review the materials in their Stars Quality Report (SQR) mailing. (Some Stars Quality Reports are delivered or faxed to physician practices.)
- The Humana Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes began on Nov. 11, 2015, and closes Feb. 29, 2016.
- Drawings are held weekly from Nov. 23, 2015, with the final drawing on March 7, 2016.
- The 35 weekly winners will receive their $1,000 prepaid cards by mail or personal delivery after each of the drawings.
For questions about the Humana Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes or for copies of SQR materials, physicians can call Humana Stars Quality Information at 1-888-483-5679, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time.