Physicians and Humana-covered Patients Benefit from Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes
Humana deemed its Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes a success that benefitted both physicians and their patients with Humana coverage. From Oct. 17, 2016, to Jan. 2, 2017, participating physicians received entries for flu vaccines administered to their Humana-covered patients and for Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) Stars measure gaps in care closed during the sweepstakes.
The results speak for themselves:
- Fifty individual physicians received $250 Amazon gift cards each week during the sweepstakes.
- Thirty physicians won $1,000 Amazon gift cards in a bonus drawing for those whose patients:
- Took their medications regularly and for the prescribed duration
- Were discharged from the hospital and avoided readmission within 30 days.
- The Humana Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes awarded nearly $200,000 in Amazon gift cards – with many physicians sharing their winnings with their office staff.
- More than 1.8 million entries were earned during the sweepstakes drawing period, and the majority of the 11 HEDIS measures included showed improvement.
- The number of flu vaccinations increased significantly.
Watch for information about the 2017 Close-the-Gaps Sweepstakes here in Humana’s YourPractice. If you have questions about the sweepstakes or would like copies of the Stars Quality Report materials, please call Humana Stars Quality Information at 1-866-723-2473, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
George A. Andrews, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.C., F.C.C.P.
Corporate Medical Director, Quality Strategy Development