You can help your employees manage their dependent care expenses by offering the Humana Access® dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA).
- Employer savings – A dependent care FSA decreases your total payroll costs, reducing the amount of taxes you pay. You save on every dollar your employees contribute.
- Employee savings – Employees can use tax-free money for eligible dependent care expenses, giving them more money to cover their healthcare expenses.
- Easy to access – The Humana Access Mastercard® debit card allows employees to easily pay for eligible expenses.
- Less work for both of you – Humana’s DCFSA administration is seamlessly coordinated with the Humana Access card and other benefits, including healthcare flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health savings accounts (HSAs) and health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs).
The Humana Access® dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA) allows employees to set aside pretax dollars to use for eligible dependent care expenses.
Children under 13 who share the same home with the employee, or a child or relative who is physically or mentally unable to care for themselves and who lives in the employee’s home and has income less than the federal exemption amount are [Bold] qualifying dependents.
What you need to know about DCFSAs:
- Employees fund their DCFSA with paycheck deductions
- Pre-tax contributions lower your employees’ taxable income, making each dollar stretch up to 30% further
- The IRS sets the annual contribution limit
- Funds are available as they are contributed
- Unused funds are forfeited each year
- Before- and after-school care (other than tuition)
- Custodial care for dependent adults
- Licensed day care, nursery or preschool
- Summer/holiday day camps or private sitter
- Late pickup fees
*For further guidance refer to the IRS publications 501, 503 and tax code section 125. These publications are available at , opens new window
Speak with a licensed Humana sales agent
Call Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., EST.
1 - 844 - 325 - 2813 (TTY: 711)