You can help your employees manage their out-of-pocket healthcare expenses by offering the Humana Access® healthcare flexible spending account (FSA).
- Employer savings – A healthcare FSA decreases your total payroll costs, reducing the amount of taxes you pay. You save on every dollar your employees contribute.
- Employee savings – Employees can use tax-free money for eligible healthcare expenses, giving them more money to cover their out-of-pocket healthcare expenses.
- Easy to access – The Humana Access Mastercard® debit card allows employees to easily pay for eligible expenses.
- Less work for both of you – Humana’s FSA administration is seamlessly coordinated with the Humana Access card and other benefits, including health savings accounts (HSAs).
- No more “use it or lose it” – You can choose to allow employees to roll over up to $500 in remaining healthcare FSA funds, or allow an extra 45 days at the end of the plan year to spend their funds.
The FSA allows employees to set aside pretax dollars to use for eligible healthcare expenses. Typically, employees fund an FSA with paycheck deductions, though you may choose to contribute as well.
What you need to know about FSAs:
- Pre-tax contributions reduce taxable income, making each dollar stretch up to 30% further
- Full election amount is available first day of the plan year, like a tax-free, interest-free loan
- Election changes require a qualifying event, like enrolling in a new health plan
- Employers can choose for the unused funds a rollover, grace period, or run-out date
- The IRS sets the annual contribution limit
- Medical services including copays and deductibles
- Dental services including copays and deductibles
- Prescription drugs
- Eye exams, eyeglasses, contact lenses and solution
- Orthodontia, dental cleanings, fillings, crowns and root canals
- Physical therapy, speech therapy, chiropractor
- Hearing aids
- Laser surgery
* For further guidance refer to the IRS publications 969, 502 and code section 213(d). These publications are available at www.irs.gov.
Get started with group benefits
Speak with a licensed Humana sales agent
Call Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., EST.
1 - 844 - 325 - 2813 (TTY: 711)