Experience the e-prescribing difference
You want your doctor to keep up with the times, to have the latest information, the latest equipment and the latest technology. So you’ll also want your doctor to use electronic prescribing (also called e-prescribing) to connect directly and securely with your pharmacist.
Here are some of the benefits of e-prescribing:
- You don’t have to take a paper prescription to the pharmacy, because your prescription is sent there directly from your doctor's office.
- Your doctor can locate lower-cost options when prescribing.
- Your doctor can see your medication history, eligibility, formulary and benefit information all in one place, so you get the right medicine.
- Your pharmacist electronically receives your prescription and won’t need to confirm a hand-written prescription that may be hard to read.
- Your doctor can send in new prescriptions to pharmacies without having to fax a request.
- E-prescribing technology can provide alerts between your pharmacist and doctor when new prescriptions are needed.