We know care can be costly and we want to help. We've looked up some ways to help you find financial assistance with the medications and healthcare you need.
Humana Specialty Pharmacy
, opens new window offers patient assistance programs to help with the financial costs of specialty medications. In 2019, Humana Specialty Pharmacy® helped patients find over $108.9 million in patient assistance funds and has relationships with over 175 funding sources.*
Many foundations and charitable organizations provide direct financial assistance to those who qualify, helping patients with prescription drug copayments at little to no cost.
Here are some of the most common foundations Humana Specialty Pharmacy works with:
- Patient Advocate Foundation
- Good Days (also known as Chronic Disease Fund)
- Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation
- Healthwell Foundation®
- Leukemia Lymphoma Society®
Extra Help with Low Income Subsidy (LIS)
Eligible beneficiaries who have limited income may qualify for Extra Help, a government program that helps pay for Medicare Part D prescription drug cost at a fraction of or no cost.
Drug manufacturers may provide patient assistance programs and/or coupon cards for insurance policy holders who may not qualify for other government-funded health coverage. Explore the resources we’ve collected for you below.
- , opens new window provides AbbVie medications at no cost to you, if eligible.
- , opens new window provides financial assistance on select contraceptive devices to those who are eligible.
- , opens new window is a patient assistance program from Pfizer that will help connect eligible patients to select prescriptions for free or at a cost savings.
Patient assistance directories
If you don’t see a program above that fits your needs, here are resources that can connect you with a program that’s right for you.
- , opens new window has access to more than 475 assistance programs with the purpose of connecting you to one that may fit your needs.
- , opens new window is a patient assistance directory to help connect you with a program that’s right for you.
*2019 financial assistance amount was determined by the total amount billed to and paid by manufacturer and charitable financial assistance programs for Humana Specialty Pharmacy patients. Financial assistance is based on eligibility needs.
Other ways to save on your prescriptions
Generics help save money
Generic medicines are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and are just as safe and effective as brand-name drugs but generally cost less.
Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs can be a cheaper option to prescription medicine for common ailments, such as headaches, colds or allergies.