2 things you need to do if you chose a Humana Marketplace plan.
1. Pay (if you haven't already):
- If your plan effective date is March 1, 2014:
Your payment deadline for making your first month’s premium payment was March 19, 2014. If you still wish to enroll in the plan you selected, you have until April 4, 2014 to make your payment and reactivate your enrollment.
- If your plan effective date is April 1, 2014:
You must make your first month’s premium payment in full by Thursday, April 17, 2014 in order for your policy to be made effective and to have coverage.
Please note: Checks and money orders postmarked by the due date indicated will be accepted for payment.
There are 3 ways to pay:
- Who can pay online?
- In order to pay online you will need your Humana member ID number (which can be found on your Humana member ID card or invoice from Humana) or you can use your Social Security Number if you provided it when you chose your plan
- If you are not able to pay online, see phone option below
- How to pay online:
- Go to Humana.com and click "register" on the right side of the homepage
- Select: "Member"
- Once you're signed in, click the "eBilling" link
- From there you can make your initial one-time payment.
- After your initial one-time payment has cleared your financial institution, you can then set up recurring payments
Check or Money Order:
- Mail a check or money order to the PO Box on your invoice
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to write your Humana member ID number on the check (Humana member ID number can be found on your Humana member ID card or invoice). If you do not know your Humana member ID number and are not able to pay online (instructions above), proceed to phone option below
- If your email address is on file, you will receive an email notification once your payment has been processed or you can verify your balance by logging into MyHumana on Humana.com. Or, you can call 1-800-223-3659 to verify balance.
- Checks and money orders postmarked by the payment due date will be accepted for payment.
- Call 1-800-223-3659 to make a payment
- Monday through Thursday: 8AM-8PM Eastern Time. Friday and Saturday: 8AM – 7PM Eastern time.
2. After you have paid:
If you chose an HMO plan (you can find your plan name on your Humana member ID card), excluding the HMO Premier network, make sure the Primary Care Physician (PCP) on your Humana member ID card is the one you want.
- When you receive your Humana member ID card in the mail, please check to see if we assigned you a Primary Care Provider (PCP).
- If you have applied for a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan, a PCP’s name will appear on the front of the Humana member ID card. This PCP is responsible for coordinating your care, focusing on your total health and wellbeing.
- If you go to any doctor other than the PCP listed on your Humana member ID card without first getting a referral from your PCP, your claims may be denied.
- If you would like to choose a PCP different from the one listed on your Humana member ID card, you may do so by changing your PCP on MyHumana at Humana.com or by calling Customer Care at 1-800-223-3659. Your PCP change may not be immediately be reflected on MyHumana. It may take 24-48 hours to update this information on MyHumana. Please note the effective date listed by your PCP selection once this information is available on MyHumana.
Not yet received your Humana member ID number?
If you have not yet received your Humana member ID number and you need to obtain services or pick up a prescription, you have 2 options:
- If you DID provide your Social Security Number when you chose your Marketplace plan:
- Go to Humana.com and click “register” on the right side of the homepage
- Select “Member-All other plan types”.
- Click on “View Member ID card” in the Related Links section.
- If you did NOT provide your Social Security Number when you chose your Marketplace plan:
- Call us at 1-800-223-3659 Monday through Thursdays: 8AM-8PM Eastern Time. Friday and Saturday: 8AM – 7PM Eastern time.
Tags: ebilling, e-billing, e billing