Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) comply with applicable federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, military or veteran status or religion.
Multilanguage interpreter services
If you (or someone you’re helping) have questions regarding your coverage, you have the right to get help and information in your language at no cost. To talk to an interpreter, call Humana Customer Care at the number on the back of your member ID card (TTY services are available).
See this information in other languages:
Si usted (o alguien a quein usted está ayudando) tiene preguntas respecto de su cobertura, usted tiene derecho a obtener ayuda e información en su idioma sin costo alguno. Para hablar con un intérprete, llame al servicio de atención al cliente de Humana en el número de teléfono en el reverso de su tarjeta de identificación.
Ver esta información en otros idiomas: , PDF opens new window
Language assistance and alternative formats
For our customers with disabilities or limited English proficiency, we provide the following communication services at no cost when interacting with Humana:
- American Sign Language interpreters (in person or via video)
- Linguistically trained interpreters for visually impaired customers
- Over-the-phone interpretation available in 200 languages
- Teletype (TTY) services
- Video interpretation from a smartphone or computer
- Written materials available in languages other than English, and in alternate formats including accessible PDF, audio, Braille, and large print
To request language assistance or alternate formats, please call Humana Customer Care at the number on the back of your member ID card (TTY services are available).
See the , PDF opens new window for a detailed description of our policy and program.
At the doctor or hospital
Your doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers must provide free language assistance or in-person sign language interpretation at your request. If you need communication assistance, please let the staff know. If the provider will not provide the services you need, please call the number on the back of your Humana member ID card (TTY: 711).
Providers with questions about Humana's language assistance requirements can learn more in our Provider Education section or by calling Humana at the phone number listed on the member's Humana ID card. You also may call 1-877-320-1235 or 877-320-2233 for assistance, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Eastern time.
On Humana websites
We are continuously improving our digital experiences to meet or exceed universal design best practices and web accessibility standards. We follow and support , opens new window and the , opens new window from the W3C , opens new window.
To provide accessible web and mobile app experiences, we strive to:
- Make our content and navigation easy to see
- Make it easy to interact using a mouse, keyboard and/or touch screen to interact with our content and navigation easy
- Provide text and visual alternatives for sounds
- Provide text and audio alternatives for visuals
- Support using a computer without a monitor or display
- Support using assistive technologies to navigate and access content
- Support the use of native accessibility features on mobile devices and tablets
In addition, if you are having trouble accessing our websites or mobile apps, our Customer Care representatives can read the website to you.
If you find anything on our sites or apps difficult to use, please let us know.
To request assistance or report a problem, please call Humana Customer Care at the number on the back of your member ID card (TTY: 711).
Discrimination is against the law
Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries comply with applicable federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries:
- Provide free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Customer Care at 1-800-477-6931 (TTY: 711) for medical plans, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Eastern time.
If you believe that Humana has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with:
P.O. Box 14618
Lexington, KY 40512-4618
You can file a grievance by mail or phone. If you need help filing a grievance, Customer Care is available to you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the , opens new window, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019 or 1-800-537-7697 (TTY)
You can also find complaint forms at , opens new window.
For assistance or more information
For questions, assistance or special accommodations, please call Humana Customer Care at the number on the back of your member ID card (TTY: 711).