Humana’s affordable PPO Preventive Plus dental insurance plan covers your and your family’s preventive care and basic services.
This PPO plan does not require you to choose a primary care dentist. Instead, you can choose any dentist in or out of network, though your costs will be higher with out-of-network dentists. You may also save on other services when you see an in-network dentist.
Preventive Plus is PPO dental insurance that offers the kind of quality dental coverage that many people seek. It focuses on the most common types of dental care: preventive and basic services. Preventive Plus benefits include:
- Low deductibles for individuals and families
- Costs of preventive services like oral exams, routine cleanings and X-rays
- Basic care such as emergency care for pain relief, nonsurgical extractions and fillings
- No waiting period for preventive care services
- Access to the nationwide Humana PPO dental insurance network of more than 70,000 dentist locations*
Discounts may be available for some major services, as well as adult and child orthodontic care. (Actual benefits vary by state.)
*Humana’s networks include dental providers and specialists but not all providers participate in all Humana plans.
Members may receive a discount from in-network providers for services not covered by the Preventive Plus plan (including major services and orthodontia). However, out-of-pocket expenses for these non-covered services don’t apply to any deductible or annual maximum.