They help stretch your budget and now they’re easier to use.
Paying bills and putting healthy food on the table can be challenging. That’s why some Humana Medicare Advantage plans offer allowances to help pay for things like approved foods, over-the counter (OTC) items, out-of-pocket healthcare costs for covered dental, hearing and vision care—and now even utility bills, rent or mortgage payments. These allowance types and amounts vary by plan and location.
See plans in your area
View plans with their premiums, copays and participating healthcare providers and pharmacies.
Humana Healthy Options, OTC and Flex allowances are now easier than ever to use
If your Humana Medicare Advantage plan includes a Humana Healthy Options allowance, an OTC or Flex allowance, it’s easy to buy the things you need. The new Humana Spending Account Card can hold up to 3 separate allowances on 1 easy-to-manage Visa® debit card.
Any allowances you’re eligible for through your Humana plan are automatically added to your Humana Spending Account Card and available to use according to your plan.
For essentials like groceries, OTC products, home and personal supplies, use your card at participating retailers. For covered services such as rent and utilities, use it anywhere Visa is accepted.* You can even make payments online through your service provider if they accept Visa payments.
Other options for using your card include:
- In-store: Pay your eligible utility bills at your local Walmart Customer Service desk or money center
- Online: Sign up at HealthyBenefitsPlus.com/Humana and click on “Bill Pay”
- By phone: To pay a utility bill, have your bill handy and call 855-396-0691 (TTY: 711)
Activate your card as soon as you receive it in the mail
Once you receive your card in the mail, you can activate it by:
- Visiting HealthyBenefitsPlus.com/Humana
- Downloading the Healthy Benefits+ mobile app
- Calling 855-256-4620 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week