How the Humana Gold Plus HMO Plan works
With Humana Gold Plus, you enjoy:
- Choice of a primary care physician in the plan network
- Affordable monthly plan premium
- Prescription drug coverage equal to or better than the standard requirement for a Medicare Part D plan*
- Emergency coverage anywhere in the world
- Coverage for most annual screenings at no charge
*Prescription drug coverage is not available with all plans.
Your doctors & Humana Gold Plus
Humana Gold Plus is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan. That means you choose a doctor from our network to coordinate your care. This doctor is your primary care physician, or “PCP.”
You're covered for unlimited doctor visits, so you can see the primary care physician you choose as often as you need. Plus, you're not locked in once you pick your doctor — you can change to a different in-network doctor whenever you like.
- Together, you and your doctor coordinate all of your care.
- Your primary care physician is your partner in health and will send you to specialists or hospitals when you need special care.
Original Medicare benefits & more
Find a plan in your area
Humana Gold Plus plans cover all the benefits of Original Medicare and much more, including:
- Medically necessary doctor visits for affordable copayments
- Prescription drug coverage (some plans do not include drug coverage)
- Hospitalization coverage
- Emergency coverage when you travel outside the U.S.
You must receive all routine care from plan providers. With the exception of emergencies and urgent care situations, it may cost more for covered services received outside the network. Specialists and facilities may require referrals from your PCP.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premium and/or member cost-share may change on January 1 of each year.
You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.