Humana’s preferred provider organization (PPO) plans give you the freedom to visit any Medicare-approved doctor in or out of our provider network who accepts Humana’s plan terms, but you’ll generally pay a lower cost share when you stay in network.
Our PPO plans’ predictable copayments and coinsurance may make it easier for you to budget for your healthcare costs.
Humana’s PPO plans give you all the benefits of Original Medicare and more—and may include:
- Affordable monthly plan premiums for most plans
- In-network home healthcare
- Coverage for most annual preventive screenings at no cost to you
- Many optional fitness programs and prescription drug, vision and dental coverage provided without additional cost
- Prescription drug coverage equal to or better than the standard requirement for a Medicare Part D plan; plans without prescription drug coverage may also be available
- Emergency coverage when you travel outside the U.S.
How it works
You can use any Medicare-approved doctor, specialist or hospital without a referral—even when you travel.
Your out-of-pocket costs, however, may be lower when you choose a provider from Humana’s list of in-network providers.