The Humana Bright Plus dental plan is designed for people who want to take care of their teeth with regular exams and cleanings. You can use your coverage as soon as you receive your member ID card.
Choose from over 270,000 dentists in our network*. And when you select an in-network provider, deductibles are waived for preventive services.
- No enrollment fee
- $50 individual deductible and a $150 family deductible
- Receive a $100 allowance per year for in-office teeth whitening (Deductibles and waiting periods do not apply to the teeth whitening allowance)
Preventive dental services coverage
The following preventive services are covered 100% when you use an in-network dentist. Coverage for preventive services begins as soon as you receive your member ID card.
- 2 routine oral examinations and cleanings per year
- 2 limited oral evaluations and 1 set of bitewing X-rays per year
- 1 comprehensive periodontal evaluation every 3 years and 1 panoramic film combined with full mouth every 5 years
- 1 topical fluoride treatment per year for members 14 years old and younger
Basic dental services coverage
These basic services are covered 60% when you use an in-network dentist. Coverage begins 90 days after your application is processed.
- Emergency care for pain relief
- Extractions and root removals
- 2 fillings per year
- Initial placement for space maintainers for members age 14 and younger
This plan is available to residents in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
*Based on Humana network data, last accessed Jan. 31, 2020.