Humana’s priority is to obtain a diverse supplier base reflective of the overall customers, associates and communities we serve. We’re also committed to fair and equitable business practices and to social responsibility.
The following classifications of diverse businesses are included in the Humana Supplier Diversity Program.
Suppliers must be physically located in the U.S. or its trust territories, certified by a third-party organization as 51% owned, controlled and operated by members of a minority group including, but not limited to, the following:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone)
- LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
—Bruce Broussard, Humana president and chief executive officer
The Supplier Diversity Team’s partnership with national, regional and local councils solidifies Humana’s foundation of diversity and inclusion. We encourage suppliers with existing certifications from the organizations listed below to register to become a Humana supplier.
If your company meets certification requirements for organizations on the list, but does not have certification, first register with those organizations. After it is certified, apply to become a Humana supplier.
Awards and recognitions
Humana’s reputation for outstanding service, products and practices demonstrates commitment to diversity.
Do you have questions? The supplier team can help.