What are Medicare and Medicaid?
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for:
- People 65 years of age or older
- People with end-stage renal disease (kidney failure)
- Some people under age 65 with certain disabilities
Medicaid is a program that the federal and state governments run to help people with limited income pay for medical costs, and if qualified, get access to long-term care services and support, such as nursing homes and home- and community-based waiver services. Each state decides what counts as income and who qualifies for Medicaid. States also decide what services are covered and how much they cost.
Medicaid covers some extra services and drugs that Medicare doesn’t pay for.
You can get Medicare and Medicaid services through Humana as long as:
- Humana continues to offer the plan
- Medicare and the State approve the plan
Even if our plan stops operating in the future, your eligibility for Medicare and Medicaid would not be affected.
How is this plan different from other Medicare and/or Medicaid plans?
The Humana Gold Plus Integrated plan combines your Medicare and Medicaid services, PLUS includes coverage for prescription drugs.
Some advantages include:
- You get the coverage of original Medicare, PLUS extra benefits like rides to medical appointments, and added vision, hearing, and dental coverage.
- You get a care team that you help put together. Your care team may include doctors, nurses, counselors, or other healthcare professionals who can help you get the care you need.
- You get a care manager. Your care manager is a person who works with you and your healthcare providers to make sure you get the care you need. For example:
- Your care team will review the medicines you take, to make sure your doctors know about your medicines to help reduce any side effects.
- Your care team will share your test results with your doctors and other healthcare providers.
Is there any risk to joining the plan?
Joining is risk free. You can go back to your original Medicare/Medicaid plan, switch to another carrier, or even opt-out completely. You have the power to choose.
How is someone eligible for the plan?
You are eligible for our plan as long as:
- You live in our service area, and
- You are eligible for Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Parts B & D, and
- You are receiving full Medicaid, and
- You are at least 21 years of age or older at the time of enrollment
Individuals enrolled in Home- and Community-Based Services or Waiver, and/or those residing in a Nursing Facility (NF) or Long-Term Care (LTC) Facility also may be eligible.
How do I enroll?
Enrollment in Humana Gold Plus Integrated, is done through Illinois Client Enrollment Services. To see if you are eligible:
- Call the Illinois Client Enrollment Services HelpLine at 1-877-912-8880 (TTY: 1-866-565-8576), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7p.m., Central time, and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Central time. Visit the enrollment broker website (link opens in new window)