Medicare coverageDoes Medicare cover bariatric surgery?
If your red, white and blue Medicare card is lost, stolen or damaged, you have several ways to get a new 1.
Note: This information helps replace a card for Original Medicare, not a Medicare Advantage plan (Part C) card or Medicare drug plan (Part D) card.
How to replace your red, white and blue Medicare card online
How to replace your red, white and blue Medicare card by phone
- Call the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services at 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227, TTY: 877-486-2048).
- Call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 (TTY: 800-325-0778).
- If you worked for a railroad, call the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) at 877-772-5772 (TTY: 312-751-4701).
How to replace your red, white and blue Medicare card in person
- Find your local Social Security office using this , opens new window.
Other important information
- Replacement cards sent through the mail should arrive in about 30 days. If you need proof of Medicare sooner than 30 days, a letter to use as temporary proof can be mailed in about 10 days. If you need proof immediately for a doctor or prescription, visit your nearest Social Security office.
- If you get Medicare health or drug benefits from a Medicare Advantage plan, such as an HMO, PPO or PDP, call your plan carrier to get your card replaced. To get a new Humana card, sign in to your MyHumana account or register for a MyHumana account. You can also call us at 800-457-4708 (TTY: 711), daily, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Humana answers your Medicare questions
More about Medicare
How can we help?
Licensed Humana sales agents are available
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., local time.
See plans in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to see plans with their premiums, copays, and participating doctors and pharmacies.