New Florida Medicaid Members
Welcome to Florida Medicaid! We want to help you make the most of your plan right away. Use this page as a guide to the information you’ll need to get started. Find helpful links to important document and forms, learn how to register for MyHumana and understand what your plan covers.
Medicaid documents and forms
Your welcome letter has lots of important details on how to get started with your plan. Reading your letter is a good first step.
Your member handbook is the best resource to find everything you want to know about your plan in one place. If you have any questions, this book is where to look.
Help us get to know you
We can provide better care when we know more about you. You can help by filling out these forms:
- Health Risk Assessment: Tell us about your health history and how we can best help you. You should fill this out as soon as possible after becoming a new member.
- Continuity of Care: Do you have a medical condition, like diabetes? Tell us on this form so we can share that information with your doctors and make sure you get the care you need.
- Consent for release of medical records: If you change doctors, this will allow us to send your medical records to your new doctor.
We have lots of other documents and forms to help you understand your plan. Be sure to check them out.
Your MyHumana account
MyHumana is an online member dashboard where you can find plan information and other tools to manage your plan.
MyHumana lets you:
- Set your communication preferences. You can choose to get messages by email, text or phone.
- Download and print a copy of your member ID card in the ID card center.
- Ask for a new copy of your member ID card. We will send this to the address we have listed on your account.
- Update your address on the Accounts & Settings page.
- Update who your primary care doctor is on the Coverage & Benefits page.
Registering is easy and only takes a minute.
What your plan covers
Florida Medicaid plans include medical, vision and hearing coverage. You also have prescription drug and behavioral health benefits. You may also have long-term care coverage, depending on your plan.
Check out your member handbook for all the details on your coverage.
Managing your medicines is important. We want you to feel comfortable knowing what you’ll have to pay for your prescriptions. Learn about your Medicaid pharmacy benefits and more.
Health and wellness
We want you to achieve your best physical, mental and emotional health. Florida Medicaid offers behavioral health services and health and wellness programs to help you on your journey to good health.
Caring for a loved one can be challenging. Humana offers support and resources to help you. Looking for the forms you need to grant a caregiver access? You can find those here, too.
Long-term care services (LTC)
Do you have a long-term care plan? A manager will reach out to you soon to set up a welcome visit in your home and introduce you to these services.
Find a doctor
One of the first things you can do as a new Florida Medicaid member is to make an appointment with your new primary care doctor.
It is important that you meet your new doctor as soon as possible. Try to schedule your first appointment 30 days after your plan begins. Your doctor needs to learn about you to help with your care.
It’s easy to find an in-network doctor using the online Find a Doctor tool.
Where should you go to see a doctor? You have choices. , PDF opens new window