Understanding care management
We care about our members’ health and well-being. That’s why we provide our members access to:
- A personal care coordinator
- Health information
- Healthcare resources and support
Our members get a care team that you help put together. Your care team may include doctors, nurses, counselors, or other healthcare professionals who can help you get the care you need. For example:
- Your care team will review the medicines you take to make sure your doctors know about your medicines and help reduce any side effects.
- Your care team will share your test results with your doctors and other healthcare providers.
Connecting with a care manager
Once you start working with your care manager, she or he will:
- Answer questions about your coverage and benefits
- Confirm you have and know how to take the medicine you need, as well as any over-the-counter medical items you get as a part of your plan at no additional cost
- Connect you to community services
- Explain how you can best take care of your health
- Help you find doctors and set up transportation to and from healthcare visits
- Help you set goals, which can include returning to your home and community after a hospital stay
- Work with your doctors to coordinate your care
To connect with a care manager and learn more about care coordination, call us at 800-559-3917 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Central time.