Whether you are trying to improve your quality of life, have a healthy pregnancy, or find mental health resources, we have a program that will fit your unique needs. We include information about our available programs below. To learn about the programs available to you, view your Member Handbook, PDF opens in new window. Call Humana Customer Care at the telephone number listed on the back of your Member ID card.
Quality enhancement programs
We offer many programs to help you improve your quality of life.
SafeLink mobile phone: Stay in touch with family, friends, and doctors with a free smartphone from Humana and SafeLink Wireless. Download SafeLink mobile phone flyer (English and Spanish) 719 KB, PDF opens in new window
- Domestic violence program: Your doctor should check for signs of domestic violence at your yearly visit. You also can get educational information from your doctor.
- Pregnancy prevention program: We can refer you to community pregnancy prevention programs that are open to you. You can access these prevention programs no matter your age, gender, pregnancy status, or parental consent.
- Prenatal/postpartum program: We offer women access to a program before, during, and after pregnancy. A care manager will help you through your pregnancy and give you learning materials. The program also provides incentives, or ways to keep you on track, for completing healthy activities. After your baby is born, your care manager and/or your PCP will give you information about family planning.
- Children’s program: We can refer you to children’s programs in your local area that help prevent health problems and give early healthcare services to families with children age 0 – 5 years old. We also work with your PCP to help you keep your child/children healthy.
- Fall risk prevention: We have a fall risk prevention process that involves screening, assessment, and care planning. A care manager will handle this process with you and provide education on fall prevention and appropriate service referrals.
- New medical treatment: Some new treatments work well. Some new treatments do not work well. Some new treatments have bad side effects. We track new medical research, which is how we decide when to add new benefits to your health plan. If you think a new medical technology or treatment may help you, call your PCP. Your PCP will work with us to see if the treatment will help you and if we will cover it.
- Complex care management: You may be eligible to get Complex Care Management services if you experience multiple hospitalizations or have complex medical needs that require frequent and ongoing assistance. Humana nurses specially trained in care management will provide these types of services to you. A team of physicians, social workers, and community service partners will work together to help meet your needs and improve and optimize your overall health and well-being. The care management program is optional.
- Behavioral health services: For behavioral health services, please call the behavioral healthcare provider in your area. Behavioral health services are available to you without a referral from your PCP. The behavioral healthcare provider in your area can give you a list of common problems with behavior and talk to you about how to recognize behavioral health problems. You can find a behavioral health provider based on where you live. If you are having an emergency, go to the nearest hospital or emergency room (ER).
Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons
All of our members can participate in Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons™, a wellness program that offers an opportunity to earn rewards for taking healthy actions.
To earn rewards, you must:
- Download the Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons App from iTunes/Apple Shop or Google Play on a mobile device
- Create an account to access and engage in the program
- Members who are 18 and older can register to create a Go365® account
- Parents or guardians of members under age 18 can create an account on behalf of the minor
- You must have your/the member’s Medicaid Member ID
For members between the ages of 12 and 17, we must get verbal consent from parent/guardian.
If you have a MyHumana account, you can use the same login information to access Go365, after you download the app.
For each eligible Go365 activity completed, you can earn rewards and then redeem the rewards for gift cards in the Go365 in-app mall. Rewards earned through Go365 have no cash value and must be earned and redeemed within the same plan year.
Call Go365 at 1-888-225-4669 (TTY: 711) to learn more.
You can qualify to earn rewards by:
- Creating a Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons account
- Enrolling in one or more programs
- Completing activities
Visit our Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons webpage to learn more about the different programs and healthy activities, and how much you can earn in rewards.
Visit our Healthy Behaviors Program Yearly Program Review webpage to learn about the performance of our health and wellness programs.