Ensuring you have the care you need
Learn about the tools we use to measure our performance so we can ensure you have the care you need. Check out how we’re doing in our annual reports.
The tools we use
We use a tool called HEDIS® (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) to track the performance of your Florida Medicaid plan. Over 90% of America’s health plans use this tool. This large amount of data makes it easier to compare plans. The data is checked by officials using a process created by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
What is measured?
Many important health issues are measured. We measure these areas to make sure we are giving you the care you need.
Some of the areas we measure include:
- Asthma medication use
- Continuing use of beta-blocker treatment after a heart attack
- High blood pressure control
- Comprehensive diabetes care
- Breast cancer screening
- Antidepressant medication management
- Childhood and adolescent immunization status
- Childhood and adult weight/body mass index assessment
Helping us improve
These measurements help us see that our Florida Medicaid plan is meeting our members’ needs. It also shows us any areas that need improvement and how we can serve you better.