As Medicare Advantage membership continues to grow, so do the benefits we’re able to offer our members. Even if you’re happy with your current Medicare coverage, you might want to take some time to see what new benefits and perks may be available to you.
Is your healthcare plan still meeting your healthcare needs?
Are changes to your current Medicare plan costing you a little bit more this year? Are you taking any new drugs that may cost less on another plan? Is your doctor still in your plan’s network? Plans can change from year to year. Maybe it’s time to consider your options. Our
Are you missing out on any new Medicare Advantage benefits?
Most of our Medicare Advantage plans now include coverage for prescription drugs. Many include coverage for routine dental, vision and hearing care, as well—benefits not provided by Original Medicare.
If you find a better fit, switching your Medicare plan can be a pretty simple process.
Here’s what you need to know about switching your Medicare Advantage plan
The Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP) takes place each year from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7. During this time you can:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan
- Change from a Medicare Advantage plan back to Original Medicare
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another Medicare Advantage plan
Coverage begins on Jan. 1.
Making the switch is simple
- If you currently have Original Medicare and switch to a Medicare Advantage plan, your new health insurance plan will be activated on Jan. 1.
- If you’re switching from one Medicare Advantage plan to another, enrolling in the new plan will automatically disenroll you from your old plan. Now that’s simple!
- If you have a stand-alone prescription drug plan and/or a Medicare Supplement plan and you switch to an all-in-one Medicare Advantage plan, we can guide you through the steps to disenroll from your old plan(s). Your new coverage will begin on Jan. 1.
Don’t let concerns about how to switch Medicare plans keep you from looking at the “why.” If your current coverage isn’t meeting your needs, it may be time to consider changing Medicare plans.
Humana makes it easy to compare our plan costs and coverage. Find out if your drugs are covered and see doctors in our network.
Ready to get started?
Licensed Humana sales agents are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., local time.