Most people feel blue occasionally, especially when they go through major life changes. That’s only human. But if life continues to feel more difficult than usual, and these feelings last for 2 weeks or more, you might be suffering from depression.
Signs of depression
- A change in eating habits
- A loss of interest in people or activities that used to make you happy
- Feeling tired all the time
- Thoughts of death or suicide1
What to do if you think you’re depressed
- Talk to a mental health professional
- Find a support group in your neighborhood
- Ask friends and family for help
Sometimes emotional well-being affects physical health and vice versa. If you feel severe or long-lasting stress, sadness, mood swings or anxiety, talk about it. Your doctor can help you.