If your current Humana plan will no longer be available beginning on January 1, 2017, we want to help you find the best plan.
To continue to have health coverage starting January 1, 2017, you will need to enroll in a new plan during open enrollment between November 1 - December 15, 2016.
Important notes and key dates:
- Your existing coverage is good through December 31, 2016
- You can start shopping for a 2017 plan on November 1, 2016.
- You must select a new plan by December 15, 2016 for the 2017 plan year to avoid a gap in coverage in 2017. You will have until January 31, 2017 to enroll in a plan for 2017.
- Visit Healthcare.gov/subscribe to sign up for reminders about enrollment deadlines
On November 1, 2016, you can start shopping for a new plan. Here are a few suggestions on how to find the best available plan for you:
- Visit GoHealthInsurance.com where you can shop online or call a licensed health insurance advisor to help you choose a new plan.
- Visit Healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) to see the plans available to you. You may also see if you're eligible for advance premium tax credits (APTC) to lower the cost of coverage.
Here are a few additional tips when shopping for a health plan with a new health insurance carrier:
- Choose whether you would like to have a higher monthly payment with lower out-of-pocket costs (like a Platinum or Gold plan), or, a lower monthly payment and higher out-of-pocket costs (like a Bronze or Silver plan). You can learn more about health insurance costs and different types of plans here .
- If it's important for you to keep your current doctors or use specific clinics or hospitals, check to see if they are part of the new plan's provider network by visiting https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/ .
- If you or your family members have prescriptions that you take on a regular basis, check the new plan's drug list or formulary to be sure those drugs are covered visiting https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/ .