Learn about your medical plan
Helping you stay healthy is important to us. Your Humana Medical Plan has many resources to help you achieve your best health. Learn the details of your Medicaid medical insurance, how to find a doctor and more.
Check out your member handbook for a full list of your benefits and to find out what’s covered.
Medicaid covers these medical services for you:Physician Care services
- Physician services, including physician assistant services, and Advanced registered nurse practitioner services
- Early and regular screening, tests and treatment services for members under age 21
- Vision and hearing services
- Physical, occupational, respiratory and speech therapy
- Foot care services (podiatry)
- Mental health services
- Chiropractic services
- Renal dialysis services
- Respiratory equipment and supplies
- Medical supplies, equipment, prosthetics and orthotics
- Eye care services and supplies
- Laboratory and imaging services
- Birthing center services
- Family planning services and supplies (some exceptions)
- Healthy Start services (some exceptions)
- Assistive care services
- Hospice services
- Rural health clinic services
- Mobile surgical treatment center services
- Home health agency services
- Nursing care and nursing facility services for members under the age of 18
- Emergency services
- Prescription drugs
- Substance abuse treatment services
Your Florida Medicaid plan includes resources from the Disease management program. A nurse can help you learn how to control diseases such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, asthma, HIV/AIDS and cancer by providing education and support. Then nurse can help you find resources in your community and will also help you talk with your doctor.
The Medicaid disease management program is designed to help you understand and manage your disease and follow your doctor’s plan of care.
For more information on the disease management program, call Humana at 1-800-393-8858, Monday – Friday (TTY: 711), 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Eastern time.
Learn more about disease management in your member handbook.Plus more from Humana
Humana wants to help you get the most out of your plan. We’re here to support your journey to good health with extra programs and services.Health and wellness benefits
- Art therapy and pet therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Stay in touch with family, friends and doctors with a free smartphone from Humana and SafeLink Wireless. Download SafeLink mobile phone flyer 719 KB—English, PDF opens new window
- Hearing services and vision services
- Flu vaccine, shingles vaccine, pneumonia vaccine
- Over-the-counter medication and supplies
- Home health care and primary care visits for non-pregnant adults
- Outpatient hospital services and physician home visits
- Medically related food and lodging and meals after you’ve been discharged from the hospital
- Waived copayments
- Prenatal visits and newborn visits
- Newborn circumcisions
You may need to get approval before using these benefits. This is called a preauthorization. You can always call Customer Care if you have questions about what needs prior authorization.Find contact information
Find a doctor
If you're ready to find a doctor, Humana medical plan Customer Care specialists can tell you what doctors you can see.
They can also tell you more about what medical services and benefits you have and answer your questions.
1-800-477-6931 (TTY: 711)
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., local time
Note: Our automated phone system may answer your call on Saturdays, Sundays and some public holidays. This system will ask you to select the reason for your call, and we will call you back by the end of the next business day.
You can look for a doctor online, too. Our Find a Doctor tool is easy to use and only takes a minute to find results.
Use the Find a doctor tool to search online now.
Where should you go to see a doctor? You have choices. Learn more about your care choices, PDF opens new window.