Be sure your child has a checkup at birth and when they are1:
- 3-5 days old for newborns discharged in less than 48 hours after delivery
- 1 month old
- 2 months old
- 4 months old
- 6 months old
- 9 months old
- 12 months old
- 15 months old
- 18 months old
- 24 months old
- 30 months old
- Once every year for ages 3 - 20
These visits help your child’s doctor detect, diagnose, and treat health problems as early as possible.
Well-being visits can include:
- Preventive and comprehensive services
- Physical exams
- Growth measurements
- , PDF opens new window
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Dental screenings
- Other important tests and services
- Referrals for diagnosis and treatment, if necessary
Need help finding a doctor for your child? Use our online Find a Doctor service. You also can call us at 1-800-444-9137 (TTY: 711).
- Make and keep appointments with your child’s doctor when your child is well, not just when your child is sick
- Talk to your child’s doctor about any concerns you have
Be sure to call your child’s doctor today to set up the next well-being visit.
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment. Medicaid.gov. , opens new window. Last accessed: August 26, 2020.