We know all moms need help before and after giving birth.
- Is for our pregnant enrollees and new moms, up to 3 months after delivery
- Helps you access benefits, like a portable crib for going to the doctor throughout your pregnancy, and rewards for getting certain screenings and shots
- Provides a care management team to help you before and after you give birth
Enroll in HumanaBeginnings™ and get rewards, support, and help, including:
While you’re pregnant:
- Doula assistance to provide emotional and physical support for mom during labor and visits during and after pregnancy
- Education and support for you and your partner
- Extra help or support with understanding your health plan benefits
- Referrals for other treatment and community services
- Support from nurses trained to help during pregnancy
After your baby is born:
- Coordination with your hospital, lactation, and newborn team
- Education and support for partners
- Family-planning information and services
- Help accessing your benefits, like a free portable crib for completing required prenatal visits
- Newborn support care when needed
- Referrals for other treatment and community services
Enroll in HumanaBeginnings and:
- Get help accessing your benefits, like:
- A free breast pump, once your OB-GYN submits doctor’s orders to a durable medical equipment provider
- Having meals delivered to your home after your baby is born
- Having your son circumcised, if so desired, at no cost
To learn more about and enroll in HumanaBeginnings:
We can help you set up and get to your OB-GYN and pediatrician appointments. To learn more, call 888-285-1121 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Eastern time.
You know your body best
You and your body will go through many changes during pregnancy. But some changes may be a sign of serious complications that can cause long-term effects or even death.
You may not know what changes are normal or abnormal. But you know when something is wrong. To get the care you need, talk to your doctor about symptoms that concern you.
If you are pregnant or have been pregnant within the past year, and have any of these urgent maternal warning signs get medical care right away.
Access resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for pregnant and postpartum women
Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky now offers access to Pacify memberships.
Pacify is a smartphone app that connects you with:
- Pacify lactation consultants: Available 24/7 via video to offer breastfeeding support and answer other feeding-related questions
- Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky Nurse Line: Available 24/7 via phone to help if you or your baby are feeling under the weather
- Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky Enrollee Services: Available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. via phone to help with benefits, finding a doctor, and/or scheduling an appointment
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line: Available 24/7 via phone to help with behavioral health
- Quit smoking coaches: Available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time, via phone to help you quit smoking
To get started:
Learn more about the Pacify smartphone app
Want to see what’s going on with your baby during your pregnancy? Check out this week-by-week pregnancy slideshow to see some of the important developments taking place as your baby grows.
While you’re here, be sure to check out some of the other resources available to you, including information about:
- Eating during pregnancy
- Folic acid and pregnancy
- Medical care during pregnancy
- Preventing premature birth
What to expect in your body during pregnancy, PDF
Anxiety and depression during pregnancy, PDF
Gestational diabetes , PDF
Guide to feeding your baby , PDF
Guide to fetal loss , PDF
Having a healthy pregnancy and baby, PDF
Helping your baby sleep safely , PDF
Understanding preterm labor , PDF
Shared care agreement , PDF
Guide to doula services , PDF
Available services for women with opioid use disorder (OUD) and/or substance use disorder (SUD) , PDF
Kentucky programs/additional resources
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Provides nutrition education and services, breastfeeding promotion, and education, monthly food prescription of nutritious foods, and access to healthcare services
- Saves lives and improves the health of nutritionally at-risk women, infants, and children.
The HumanaBeginnings team can help you connect with your local WIC office.
For more information on Kentucky WIC, please visit the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH).
If you have questions about the WIC program, call the Kentucky DPH at 800-462-6122.
HANDS is a home-visiting program for pregnant moms-to-be and new parents that supports all areas of your baby’s development. HANDS will support you during your pregnancy and the first two years of your baby’s life. From pregnancy to the “terrific”-twos, HANDS is here to answer all of your questions during the different stages of your baby’s growth. Enrollment MUST BE during pregnancy or when your baby is less than three months old.
The HumanaBeginnings team can help you connect to HANDS. Contact your local health department for more information about HANDS.
Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
Enrollees receive $20 in rewards through Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons® when you complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA). The HRA is your chance to:
- Give us an opportunity to pair you with a care manager who can help you reach your health and well-being goals
- Share information about your health-related needs
- Tell us about your health and well-being
- Tell us about your health goals
Completing your HRA is important when you’re pregnant, so we can make sure you get the care you need. To complete your HRA:
- Using the Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons app, or
- Filling out the HRA and sending it back to us in the envelope that came with your New Enrollee Welcome Kit, or
- Calling us at 800-444-9137 (TTY: 711) , or
- Registering for a MyHumana account, signing in to your MyHumana account on a desktop computer, and submitting the HRA (NOTE: The HRA is not available on the mobile MyHumana app.)
If you do not have the envelope that came with your New Enrollee Welcome Kit, please send the completed HRA to us at:
Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky
P.O. Box 14823
Lexington, KY 40512-4823