On July 1, OhioRISE will begin to provide coordination and specialized services to help children and youth with behavioral health needs who receive care across multiple systems.
In October 2022, Gainwell Technologies will begin administering pharmacy benefits for all Medicaid recipients in Ohio. If you are enrolled in a health plan, your previous pharmacy benefits will remain the same. You do not have to do anything.
During the last three months of 2022, ODM will complete the launch of its Next Generation Medicaid program. This launch will include Humana Healthy Horizons in Ohio beginning to service Ohio Medicaid recipients.
Between now and then, if you choose Humana Healthy Horizons in Ohio as your health plan, you will continue getting the full complement of Medicaid benefits you get today, and:
- The Ohio Medicaid Enrollment Center (or Ohio Benefits) will record your choice
- Your choice will be effective when ODM completes the launch of its Next Generation Medicaid program
- Around 30-45 days prior to Humana beginning operations, you will get in the mail your member ID card, health plan information, and your official start date of coverage
Learn more about Ohio Medicaid’s next generation managed care plans
To check the status of your request to enroll in Humana Healthy Horizons in Ohio:
- Call the Ohio Medicaid Hotline at 800-324-8680
- Log into your account via Ohio Benefits