Providers should report charges for the COVID-19 vaccine product and its administration according to the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) coding standards established by the American Medical Association (AMA). See the AMA’s website for more information on COVID-19 vaccine coding.
Please refer to Humana’s COVID-19 Vaccine claims payment policy and COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs, PDF for further information. Note: When the policy link is clicked, it will automatically download the claims payment policy. Due to the file size, this may take a moment to open on your computer.
For all other COVID-19 related claims, please refer to Humana’s COVID-19 Related Coding claims payment policy for further information regarding billing expectations for reporting services provided during the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE). This policy outlines the following:
- COVID-19 Related Diagnosis Coding
- COVID-19 Vaccine Coding
- Modifier CS: Items and Services Related to COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
- COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Coding
- Condition Code 51: Separate Reimbursement for Preadmission COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
- COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Specimen Collection Coding
- COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Coding
- Coding for Certain COVID-19 Treatments
- Additional Coding for Hospital Inpatient Claims
- Coding Related to COVID-19 PHE Waivers
Note: When the policy link above is clicked, it will automatically download the claims payment policy. Due to the file size, this may take a moment to open on your computer.